Nut Balls aka Herbal Paste Balls
I have always used nut balls as a way to give my kids powdered herbs. Now they are a snack with herbs added when needed.
You can use prepared nut butters or grind your own (one kind of nuts or several) in the food processor. Peanuts are known to be more difficult to digest than other nuts. We like to throw handfuls of different nuts (almond, cashew, sunflower seeds, for example) and chop fine
Use the amount of nuts/butter as you would like.. usually at least a cup.
This is an add as you like recipe.
Add any of the following you would enjoy-to taste and texture. Add something I may not have listed but you enjoy.
sesame seeds, fresh ground flax seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, ground hemp seeds, chopped goji berries, chopped dried fruit ( the goji and fruit are high in carbs, but a little goes a long way), raw cacao ( raw chocolate powder), raw coconut flakes... spices like cinnamon, cardamom, anise, allspice or clove ( not all of them together!). Anything goes.
Add coconut oil to bind together.
sweeten with what your family likes~ like raw honey, maple syrup, or agave to taste
Make sure the paste is thick enough to hold its form and you can roll into a small balls.
You can roll the balls into coconut flakes, raw cacao powder or chopped nuts and serve!
They do not last long around here.
These days we are using mixed nuts and seeds, cinnamon, raw cacao, honey,and ground flax seeds rolled in coconut. It always changes. Start basic and taste as you go along..
wow I have never heard of this and sounds good . well you asked when the big day was it is april 7th and I am thrilled . I would leave tommorow if I could LOL !!! Im so thrilled .
ReplyDelete