We are experiencing our false spring and lemonade is what the kids wanted; to cool them off on our 65 degree day.... bare-feet, shorts, t-shirts was the attire of the day.
In our vita-mix
3 cups water
1 peeled lemon ( I used a meyer)
1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
blend and add stevia to taste either drops or powder, add a little at a time, stevia is concentrated.. stevia is an herb with no carbs, adjust sweetness
send the kids outside with glasses full of lemonade and listen to their stories about their dreams of summer.....
all while the snowboards, sleds and skis share the deck with them.
Sounds like a GREAT DAY!!
ReplyDeleteOh YUM! I have totally been craving strawberry lemonade this pregnancy. So you put the whole lemon in (without peel)? I am so jealous you have a vita mix, I want one of those but can't bring myself to spend the money. Even though I know I would use it pretty much everyday.
ReplyDeleteSounds so good but we have no vita mix! Think it can be replicated with a blender and maybe just a squeezing of juice instead of using whole lemons?
ReplyDeleteI totally craved lemonade with all my pregnancies!!!
ReplyDeleteYup Joanne, just peel the lemon and plop in the blender. Most seeds of fruits and veggies are packed with incredible micro-nutrients.
You do not need a vitamix to make this, most blenders will make this just fine, whole peeled lemon and all.