While our friends were here for a week, Tyler ran high. He has not as of yet, ran high for much longer than a few hours. He is sensitive to highs, anything above about 150 makes him grouchy and unpleasant to be around. We worked everyday to bring him lower. Water and exercise.. nope it would not budge. High he stayed most of the time.
Our friends left and within hours we were back to chasing lows..... We have adjusted the humalog ratio and lantus but nope, he keeps dropping. We even skip doses at meals if they are low carb. He has had the occasional high numbers, but they are usually followed by a low... We are working hard to keep his numbers in range, but these days it seems impossible.....
Does anyone else find used test strips all over the house? Tyler turned 14 in Nov. and he is very responsible to take his b/g, but not throw them away..LOL
These ups and downs are very taxing on the both of us.... I am tried both physically and emotionally.
I know the feeling and yes my hubby finds them all over the house and he laughs . it is awesome . I hope things even out soon .
ReplyDeleteOMGsh test strips are everywhere in my house, I even find them outside on occasion. Cara is the very same way with the highs she is a monster when she is high. It is just sooo tiring! Hope you see some good numbers soon!!
ReplyDeleteDiabetes is just a monster and I know that stress for Jada often means high numbers. So, if having company around for a week was enough for him to get out of routine and just things being different, that could have done it.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the test strips...you will get used to finding them EVERYWHERE! :) I have even found Jada's test strips in the street, two doors down from us. My purse, her bed (night time checks), on the coffee table, kitchen counter, under the sofa cushions....they are just everywhere!
Hang in there...you're doing great!
WOW - Alix! Great minds think alike. I was composing a post called Test Strips everywhere - I even found one in my hair!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you guys are having such a tough time. It is a challenge - isn't it? I think we are all exhausted. I hope it gets better soon and lasts for a while!
Hang in there! We are all here supporting you!!!
XOXOXO
I remember someone posting about waking up with one stuck to their face... I thought that was so funny :) However I only laughed because of past experience. Justin doesn't thow his away either. Even if he's standing NEXT to the garbage can???
ReplyDeleteOK.. I am glad I am not the only one with test strips everywhere.. The car, the stairs, my bed, the salad, etc... the strange thing is I never see them in the trash :)
ReplyDeleteyes, our routine and diet were different with friends visiting.
I hate this game just like every other D-Mom. The only thing that I can think of the highs are excitement/or stress and a change or routine. Sounds like others have already told you that though. But he is still in the honeymoon stage and it is always so unpredictable what his pancreas is going to do.
ReplyDeleteAnd no you are not alone in the test strips EVERYWHERE! Oh my my my. I find them all over the place!
Good luck!