Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring

Spring has finally arrived after two weeks of snowing on the Dogwood blooms. I am so grateful for this spring as this has been one of the brightest in a long time. Winter came early this past year, it came hard and furious on Oct. 1 2009.  No only did the sun dip behind the tall pines, removing the direct light from our home but the light was ripped from my heart that day. I went into a time of the 'dark night of the soul'

All winter I searched for the light. Wandering and waiting for it to appear. This past winter seemed to be the darkest and longest on record, at least in my books it was.  Every time light began to shine it felt like something brought us deeper into the darkness........

The light is here, bright and beautiful, warm and soothing both in the sky and in my soul.
I think Tyler feels the light too...

Thank you Spring for being my dear friend...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're able to see the light Alix. I too am very appreciative of spring this year for some reason... trying to live in the NOW and enjoy every second of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing when the darkness begins to lift and the light returns. Hang in there and enjoy the warmth :) - Mo

    ReplyDelete