Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kidding Around

The kids are here. Pansy, Mabel and Neil were born last week!

We have missed our goat milk so much. Ok, I know what you are thinking, goat milk, yuck. Well, as a city girl from LA, I would have agreed with you in the past, even with out tasting it. Well let me tell you what I have learned. Some goat milk is very yucky, I mean very and some goat milk tastes, well, like milk. Plain old milk, well just like raw cow milk. It is all in how it is handled. We have amazed so many people and they did not believe it was from our goats....

What we love to make from our goat milk....
Ice Cream, very often !
Cherve, soft goat cheese. Hope to learn how to make hard cheeses and feta :)
Smoothies
Kefir
Yoghurt
and did I mention Ice Cream?????

3 comments:

  1. I'm not the biggest fan of goats themselves....but I have to admit, this little gal is adorable! Look at her all fluffy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big goat dairy fan and I have to tell you I am very jealous of your delicious sounding grown in your yard goat milk! I bet your ice cream is to die for!! I wish you lived next door to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic is soooo cute! I'm with Jen, I wish you lived close by.

    ReplyDelete