I decided one day, to sneak it into his smoothie. The only comment from him was.... I like how creamy it is! Jackpot!!!!
Here is the recipe. You can substitute other berries I am sure. We just get a great deal on organic blueberries from costco.
In a blender add:
about 10 oz of blueberries
1 avocado
juice of 1-2 limes (depending on your taste)
1-2 tblsp. ground flax seed
and
a bit of very warm water about 1/4-1/2 cup
(I add this so it is not a frozen type smoothie, but rather a cool creamy pudding you can eat with a spoon. Eating it with a spoon makes it feel more breakfast like)
Blend to the consistency you like, adjusting the water as needed.
I often double this for our family and add organic turkey bacon or sausage. It is quite filling.
enjoy!
Elise used to eat banana and avocado mashed together as part of her bedtime snack, but hasn't been wanting the avocado lately.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, she doesn't like blueberries, any other suggestions on what to pair it with?
When Tyler was little (all my kids for that matter) loved avo and banana mashed.
ReplyDeleteYou could try raspberries, maybe even strawberries... the berries are so healthy and full of nutrients. Banana is also an option, but would make it pretty high carb....
Yummy - thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete