April and Violet arrived 2 weeks ago. The girls are so fun. Their milk is tapering off, we are only getting about 3/4 gal. a day. We have families who are receiving our milk. I have been making yoghut and cheese. We had them bred this week and the kids arrive in May, along with 4+ gallons of milk a day. They are Saanen goats which are a dairy breed.
We still are chasing lows...... even when we give little or no insulin. This does not make sense. But I am told there is little or no rhyme or reason for high and low b/g.
Tyler's emotions are improving, tho he still has difficult times in the evenings.
How wonderful! I have a hard time with cow dairy but goat milk and cheese and yogurt is great for me and I love it AND so does Addison! It must be incredible to have goat milk that fresh to make cheese and yogurt with..I am envious!!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of owning goats . it sounds like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of goat's...but man! Your goats are adorable! My husband grew up with animals and has so many wonderful memories. Your kids will look back one day and sigh with contentment just thinking about the animals thy had in their lives. :)
ReplyDeleteThe goats and chickens are two of the kids 4H projects... They do most of the work. I am becoming fond of the goats.
ReplyDeleteToo cute. Love the goats - - - what a great experience for you children. I would love the fresh eggs too. We get our eggs from a local egg farm and $1 a dozen and they are the best eggs I've ever had. :-)
ReplyDeleteHang in there - you are doing great. My heart goes out to Tyler. This must be so tough for him!!
Hugs!