The Ramblings of a Mom trying to create a 'new normal' for her family since her son's diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. We are using food as a way to heal and balance the body.
Friday, November 20, 2009
World Diabetes Day at the Capitol
Here are a few pictures from WDD. The boys are standing with the new Kings basketball star who is a
spokesperson for diabetes...
Hi, I'm Megann Heath. My daughter has diabetes and I'm friends with Shamae. I just wanted to welcome you to the T1 Club. I'm very impressed that you're getting involved with the diabetes community so soon. It took me at least a year after diagnosis. Keep up the good work!
Hi Im Cathy Thompson and I follow shamaes blog and she introduced you to us and I am now following your blog . I am a t1 and my son who is now 25 is a t1 and has been so since 6 yrs old . Just good to know another d mom blogger and hope you will come follow me on my blog . God bless you and your family .
Well like the previous 2 comments, I also follow Shamae's blog and I figured that I would pop in to say "hey you are not alone!"... so here it goes... Hey, you are not alone! :) ha
My son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 16 months. He is now 6 years old (ok, in a few days). This is probably the hardest thing that I have ever done... actually it is the hardest thing that I have ever done.
There is a wonderful online D-Community. With blogs and also with Twitter (@sammolsonkasey). I know that this community has help so much! Feel free to visit my blog (www.life.irreverentgblogs.com)and ask any questions that you may have! :)
Hi Alix, I'm Lora from "mydiabeticchild". My son was diagnosed in October of 2008. I think it's great that you started blogging. For me, blogging released a great deal of bottled up stress. Welcome to the community :)
Hi I am Shannon, I am also a mom of 2 diabetics. My daughter Brooklyn (5 years old) was diagnosed on Nov. 11 2008 and my son Tyson (2 years old)was diagnosed this last Monday...1 year and 5 days apart.
Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you to this fab new lifestyle...(you can laugh it's ok) Ok I mean blogging world. All these ladies you are meeting are AMAZING and very helpful! I will come and check back often, but please feel free to email any time! pittakgr@hotmail.com
Hi, I'm Tracie. My daughter's 9 and living with Type 1 for the last 7 years. Believe it or not, this will get easier as you go along, I didn't believe it, but it's true. Still sucks though, but you're in a great place in our blogging world, so welcome!
Hi Alix! I am Jen and my 3 year old son Addison was diagnosed with type 1 in May of 2008. Blogging has been a great release for me and it means everything to have such a supportive group of other parents checking in on me! Welcome!
Hi Alix. I am Leigh, mom to Janelle who has had T1 for almost 5 years. (7 yrs). I found your blog through Shamae's. I look forward to reading more about your journey!
Hi, I'm Megann Heath. My daughter has diabetes and I'm friends with Shamae. I just wanted to welcome you to the T1 Club. I'm very impressed that you're getting involved with the diabetes community so soon. It took me at least a year after diagnosis. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteHi Im Cathy Thompson and I follow shamaes blog and she introduced you to us and I am now following your blog . I am a t1 and my son who is now 25 is a t1 and has been so since 6 yrs old . Just good to know another d mom blogger and hope you will come follow me on my blog . God bless you and your family .
ReplyDeleteWell like the previous 2 comments, I also follow Shamae's blog and I figured that I would pop in to say "hey you are not alone!"... so here it goes... Hey, you are not alone! :) ha
ReplyDeleteMy son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 16 months. He is now 6 years old (ok, in a few days). This is probably the hardest thing that I have ever done... actually it is the hardest thing that I have ever done.
There is a wonderful online D-Community. With blogs and also with Twitter (@sammolsonkasey). I know that this community has help so much! Feel free to visit my blog (www.life.irreverentgblogs.com)and ask any questions that you may have! :)
Hi Alix, I'm Lora from "mydiabeticchild". My son was diagnosed in October of 2008. I think it's great that you started blogging. For me, blogging released a great deal of bottled up stress. Welcome to the community :)
ReplyDeleteHi I am Shannon, I am also a mom of 2 diabetics. My daughter Brooklyn (5 years old) was diagnosed on Nov. 11 2008 and my son Tyson (2 years old)was diagnosed this last Monday...1 year and 5 days apart.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I just wanted to welcome you to this fab new lifestyle...(you can laugh it's ok) Ok I mean blogging world. All these ladies you are meeting are AMAZING and very helpful! I will come and check back often, but please feel free to email any time! pittakgr@hotmail.com
Hi! I'm Amy! Welcome to the D-OC! You'll meet a lot of great ladies here....they've been my lifeline! Looking forward to getting to know you!
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Tracie. My daughter's 9 and living with Type 1 for the last 7 years. Believe it or not, this will get easier as you go along, I didn't believe it, but it's true. Still sucks though, but you're in a great place in our blogging world, so welcome!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for commenting. Since diagnosis, it has been all your blogs that have helped me get through each and every day. You are all my heroes!
ReplyDeleteHi Alix!
ReplyDeleteI am Jen and my 3 year old son Addison was diagnosed with type 1 in May of 2008. Blogging has been a great release for me and it means everything to have such a supportive group of other parents checking in on me! Welcome!
Hi Alix. I am Leigh, mom to Janelle who has had T1 for almost 5 years. (7 yrs). I found your blog through Shamae's. I look forward to reading more about your journey!
ReplyDelete