Friday evening my hubbie Brian took the boys on an overnight, to make the drive to the youth pheasant hunt they earned by scoring in the 90th percentile, a lot shorter. The hunt is about 2 1/2 hrs. from us and the boys had no intentions of getting up at 4 am.. the complaints rolled in :) I happily found a great rate at Motel 6 for them.
The reason this is a big deal is that since Tyler has been dx, Brian has not been home much to learn how to manage Tyler's needs. ( he had overtime and then his engine blew in his truck and he has worked on it for 3 weeks after work and weekends, putting in a new one) Cody, Tyler's brother knows how to take care of his big brother, except for giving shots. Tyler is proactive and can check his b/g, count carbs, draw insulin, manage lows ( if too low, Cody comes to the rescue), manage highs everything except shots. Brian can do shots, so I knew I had all bases covered.
Knowing he was in good hands ( ok I was a bit nervous) Chloe and I snuggled in bed and watched The Brady Bunch and cooking shows. We had a great evening together.
Throughout the night I only got 3 phone calls from the boys...
Everyone came home safe and sound....AND Brian can now take care of Tyler... An afternoon out alone, here I come :) Want to join me?? :)
wow a whole afternoon out by yourself . I remember those days yeah .
ReplyDeleteI wish I could join you . . .
ReplyDeleteI am still the only one that takes care of Nate but my 5 year old, Emma started checking his bg today. Now, if I can just get another adult to help me I would love to join you for an afternoon of online shopping. :-)
BTW, where are you. Email me at houstonfiveblog@gmail.com
Laura
I know how nice it is to be able to leave for a bit and not worry. It is absolutely a luxury, and I hope you take advantage of your new found freedom very soon!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the successful night away! That is as good of a reason as any to do The Happy Dance. :)
Yay! What an accomplishment. You deserve an afternoon to yourself. Have fun Momma.
ReplyDeleteHi Alix!
ReplyDeleteI came here by the way of Shamae's blog. Looking forward to reading more about you and your family!
I am blessed with a husband that stepped up from day one with this disease. I LOVE when I get a free afternoon. Too bad we don't live closer! Where in CA are you?