Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pens meeting

Yesterday we had our pens meeting and our endo appt. The pens meeting was ok, it was our first one so we sat in a group for hours.  I was a real good girl there. Those of you who know me, know I have studied nutrition for over 30 years, not fads, but wholesome food nutrition. Whenever artificial sweeteners are discussed it gets my blood moving, just as processed food does. Now do not get me wrong, for those who rely on convenience, as we all do at times, that stuff in moderation is fine  , but when it is touted as ok all the time.. well....... See I am being a good girl.....
The best part of the pens meeting was when they downloaded Tyler's b/g numbers and all the black diamonds were in the target range.. How could that be? He has many lows and a few highs (low 200's). They told us we needed no insulin tweaking...Really????  How can so many lows and those highs make us in the normal range???

The endo's visit went well. Our wonderful Dr. knows how I feel about nutrition and will test Tyler for things like Celiac, Vit D, and other items I want to keep in check on the next blood test. This will be his first test since the hospital. We will find out his A1C. I like the way he talks to Tyler and empowers him.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about the lows, but a couple 200's is nothing. You are doing a great job! As long as none of those lows are "really low" like in the 40's, and they are not very frequent, he is aok! You guys should give yourselves a big gold star!

    Just keep swimming! All your hard work has paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lows are 50's and perhaps 60's when Tyler catches it early. Some of the lows come on instantly.... He gets lows like this almost every day (at least one), so we keep adjusting his ratio...
    Thanks Meri!

    ReplyDelete