Tuesday, January 4, 2011

grumpy

i am kind of grumpy today. not because of my family, friends or  blogging buddies. nope not from any of that.

i am grumpy because
-this new lovely “insurance” which most companies need to adhere to forces us to pay 3K out of pocket before ANY benefits kick in. prescriptions too. 3K! 
-my insurance denied a three month supply and is charging 898.00 for tyler’s supplies for ONE month, yup one month.....
-we will be doing mail order, but that can take weeks to get started and i need supplies now! the cost will still be outrageous until the 3K is met
-final denial notice for a cgm, after 5 appeals!
-dealing with the ins. review board to try to get the cgm
-a new pump sitting in the box waiting for the pump classes next month, glad i got it the last day of 2010 when my meager 500 dollar deductible was already met
-not sure tyler will use this pump without a cgm.... encouragement please :)
there is more......
i am still continuing my gratitude journal. it is days like these that it becomes invaluable!

7 comments:

  1. Well that just sucks all the way around. I think we used to have insurance like that as well.

    Bummer on the CGM denial. Are you guys hesitant to use the pump without it? We pumped for 3 1/2 years without a cGM. Joe started pumping when he was 3 years old. The CGM is used only as an adjunctive therapy. We heavily rely on his blood glucose numbers and use the CGM to watch trends and to throw extra sugar at him while he is playing sports etc. I frequently find the CGM to be off "numbers-wise"...especially lately.

    Please feel free to email me if you have more questions sweetandjoe@gmail.com

    I hope things get better and keep up the gratitude journal. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that Alix. Sucks !!

    Like Reyna's Joe, we often use the pump without the CGM. The technology just isn't precise enough yet to replace finger pokes. But the pump does make life a teeny bit easier... I hope Tyler decides to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That suck Alix. We only use our CGM when I want to see trends or if we have a lot going on. Other than that... Justin says he doesn't want to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have to go through all this junk! From someone who has a pump and a cgm...I vote use the pump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate insurance companies! Bleck!
    I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this. We pumped for quite a while without a CGM. I can live without a CGM - can't live without out pump!!!!

    Keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been thinking about you and hoping your grumpies go away... mine are here so Im hoping they are taking a vaca from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for all your encouragement. most of the grumpies have passed :)
    tyler has a pump class scheduled for jan.28...
    hope your grumpies are getting better shannon

    ReplyDelete