Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Salad

This is one of our favorite salads during the summer. There are several ways to present this salad, depending on time and desire.

Tomato-Basil-Feta-Salad

The basic ingredients are
tomatoes, cherry ones halved or heirloom sliced
basil chopped or torn in large pieces on sliced heirlooms  (I do enjoy Thai basil, i love the strong basil flavor)
goat or sheep feta ( you can use cow feta)
excellent quality olive oil ( you want the best flavor and is often considered a finishing oil)
balsamic vinegar, if desired
celtic salt and fresh ground pepper...

two ways to serve

lay slices of tomato on a plate
place basil atop tomatoes
crumble feta atop basil
drizzle with olive oil and balsamic
salt and pepper if desired
devour

in a bowl, toss
halved cherry tomatoes
chopped basil
crumbled feta

drizzle with olive oil and balsamic
salt and pepper if desired
devour

I have photos of the foods I make (on another computer), one day I will post them, promise.

1 comment:

  1. I love this kind of salad! To make it a normal, biog meal I bake my favorite low carb pita bread (certified for diabetics) from Joseph's Bakery online and I serve it next to the salad or stuff it with all the ingredients. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete