Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer and Fishsticks

The days of summer have set it. It feels good to be on summer time. Getting together with friends, swimming in the rivers and lakes (including our summer pool), berry picking and just some plain ol' down time.

Tyler has not been fond of fish since he was little, someone must have told him it was yucky (please admit if it was you). Well, finally after a decade of not eating fish he now does!

Fish Sticks

Talapia or any other thicker white fish
Almond Flour with added Spices and Seasonongs, if you like
Eggs
olive oil (several tblsps)

Heat pan with oil,
Slice the fish into thick strips , dip into mixed egg, roll in almond flour mixture  and put into oiled pan and cook on both side until a pretty light brown.

Put onto a  cookie sheet in a warm oven until all fish is cooked.

Serve with your favorite dipping sauce...

Tyler also eats the trout and salmon that he catches, yahoo!!!!!!
Now, if I could only get him to eat eggs, plain ol' eggs for breakfast......

3 comments:

  1. My boys eat almost anything I put in front of them. I KNOW how fortunate I am. I'm so happy you are enjoying the summer. It has been a lazy one over this way. We can wake up and say, "what shall we do today?" No schedules...so so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel fortunate too, the only thing Tyler will not eat are plain eggs, everything else is on the menu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep my kids would eat anything except brusell sprouts LOL !! Oh and turnips gross!!! I know my fault because I hate them LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete