On Friday, Tyler got "a card" from accu-check. When he opened it he was a bit upset.
I asked what was wrong and he said "why do they only send me mail with old people in the pictures"
My heart sank. He sees the world of diabetes marketed to older people. The world sees diabetes marketed to older people.
That is not the face of diabetes! Many older people have done it to themselves by how they chose to live their life for all their years. My mom is one and she admits her diabetes is her own fault.
The face of diabetes is our children's. Our innocent babes who have done nothing to deserve this disease, whose lives are altered forever. They have done nothing but bless us with their life, hugs and smiles everyday.
I am really upset as I am typing this.. can you see the tear stains on-line?
I called accu-check on Sat. and when I told the 'rep' what my issue was, she laughed! Really! I asked her if she had T1 diabetes and she said no. I asked her not to laugh at the request as her life has not been changed forever.
I called again today, 7 transfers and no where. My request to accu-check is send marketing material that is age appropriate. That will inspire instead of break down. If their is a minor involved, address it to the parent for review. How dare they laugh at my request. How dare the tell me they don't know who to transfer me to. On my 7th transfer I asked to speak to the president of the comapany, no go they told me, I'd have to work up the ladder....
I look at the face of diabetes everyday. I kiss that face, I love that face and that face smiles back at me......
WOW I can not believe that the women had the nerve to laugh.... So rude and unprofessional. I hope you don't stop until you work you way to the top and take all the names of the employees that behaved in such an awful manor with you!!
ReplyDeleteThey really need to start thinking about the people who use their products!!
Oh my word....I can't believe she LAUGHED at you! We use Accu-chek as well...hmmmm...maybe I'll start with an email......
ReplyDeleteOh my... how totally RUDE! I hope someone hears you and takes you seriously!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!!!! Keep trying
ReplyDeleteIf even Accu check doesn't get it...I don't know. All I can do is shake my head.
ReplyDeleteGood for you momma for fighting for all of our little ones!