Today, Tyler is 15.
I ask, how did this happen? Where did the time go. I am thinking of all the wonderful seasons we have gone through, there have been so many. Last year we began a season that will last a lifetime. As I write about this, the bittersweet journey of children growing up, my eyes begin to fill and things get cloudy. A dear friend calls and I tell her Tyler is 15 today, dead silence, after a moment she asks if he is ok. Eyes flood, numbers will never be the same, not even on birthdays.
Here is Tyler's Menu for the day. Gluten-free. All baked goods with almond or coconut flour.
B-fast, late today
Pumpkin Muffins (6 carbs each)
organic pork bacon
grapefruit
Lunch
nitrate-free black forest ham
udi's bread
goat cheese
roasted carrots with herbs
Orange Zevia soda
Snack
Cinnamon cookies (3 carbs each)
veggies
Dinner
Tri-tip
caesar salad
sweet potato fries
Dessert
Chewy chocolate cookies (4 carbs each)
peanut butter/choc. coconut ice cream
made into ice cream sandwiches
Happy Birthday to TYLER! and bummer about the numbers, you are so right. They are either blood sugars or carbs.
ReplyDeleteHis menu sounds delish!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMGsh....that menu sounds DELISH!!! I'll be right over :)
BTW, I know this sounds crazy, but....if you have some recipes for side dish veggies can you dedicate a post to a few?
I LOVE carrots...but feel like I just throw them in the oven and never end up with something as yummy as "roasted carrots with herbs".
We're BIG veggie lovers over here...but I'm feeling kind of drab...
THANKS :)
Happy Birthday to Tyler! Wow! They grow so quickly. What a lucky boy to have such a wonderful menu for his big day. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday... loving the menu, You've made me hungry!
ReplyDeleteOf course I meant, Happy Birthday Tyler!!!
ReplyDeleteWendy,
ReplyDeleteI'll work on some veggies posts! My computer is in the mac store, it enjoyed my cuppa tea......
I'll try to get my kids computers and post :)We homeschool so that is not always easy .
Any veggies you are interested in???