Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It is a no go and camping

After 3 appeals, long letters explaining our situation, no go on the cgm. Tyler just does not go low enough often enough ( 6 lows in 3 months is just not good enough) . I was told by the ins. co. that highs do not concern them and they need to see many more lows than he has. OK, I just do not get it at all. A cgm would keep him in the range we are looking for and alert us of a change, and keep him healthier over the long run.

We just returned from a week camping trip in the high Sierra's. It was one year ago Oct. 1 , Tyler went into dka, he felt terribly crummy on our trip ( we returned home just a few days before he got dx). This year he felt much better, but it stirred up so many memories. Limits of fish caught everyday (x's 7), canoeing, kayaking and campfires helped build new memories.

It is time to begin our school year so we will be hitting the books while we watch fall slowly approach.
I hope to post more recipes too, I know I have slowed down on that.... The cooler weather brings me back in the kitchen. I have created some yummy ones I look forward to sharing.....

As we approach one year I have a question, how did the one year mark effect you and/or your children????

8 comments:

  1. Your last question really jumps out at me. I remember being so MAD at the year mark. Anger I had never known before seemed to consume me....I felt so confused by my emotions...I felt like a stranger to myself.

    At the 5 year mark things are better....but I distinctly remember those emotions a our first diaversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really start blogging about D until the one-year mark, and that's when I finally sat down and wrote our D story. I thought the 1-year mark might initiate an emotional shift for all of us, but it's pretty much the same. However, it did make me incredibly grateful we made it through T-Bear's first full year with no hospital visits and no complications. Everything else, I can deal with :) - Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our 1 year is next week - - - I'm numb. I'll let you know how next Friday goes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to make new memories! One year brought so many emotions, but we tried to celebrate how far we have come. Much love to your family at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And PS I'm so sorry about the CGM. It just isn't right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was bitter at one year. I am amazed at all of you that can blog so early into dx. It took me 3 1/2 years to start blogging about it. I am glad you got to make some new memories camping in which he was feeling better.

    I am looking forward to the recipes. I love to cook once the kids are back in school and the weather cools.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really sorry about the CGM, but there's a certainly a silver lining there: 6 lows in 3 months is really a low number/ Not a good reason not to be on CGM, but really really good. During my first year, I was low more than that every week. So I'm sorry they aren't being more helpful, but I'm happy that Tyler's doing so well already.

    ReplyDelete