Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Visitors

We just enjoyed 10 days with dear friends. 6 children together again and 2 very happy mama's glad for each others company.
During this time, Tyler was going through one of those crazy growth spurts where he would run high for no logical reason, no logical reason except that his body did not want to let me rest day or night. These growth spurts stop as suddenly as they begin, with no warning. They usually stop in the middle of the night when I gave him a correction an hour or so before. That leads to a low and we all know how fun it is to chase lows, especially at night.
We have finished another round of growth ( don't get me wrong, I am glad he is growing!) and we are back to our routine of staying in range. I am so grateful for these times. Tyler is grateful too, he can see all his hard work paying off. It is difficult for him to do all the right things and see his numbers high.

When you have six kids running around, snacks are requested day and night.
Here are some snacks we enjoyed~

Herb Cheese with rice crackers ( I did not make my home made crackers this past week)
using our soft goat cheese ( you can use creme fraiche or cream chesse)
I mixed herbs ( you can use fresh or dry) in about 5 oz. of cheese. I used herbs like oregano, thyme, basil, chives, salt, pepper and mixed them in the food processor with the cheese, tasting as I went along, until I liked it.

I also made a date cheese which is one of our favorites and can act like a frosting or filling too!
with about 5 oz of soft cheese add 3  pitted room temp. dates and process. Taste, add more dates if needed. I usually add 3 maybe 4, as dates are high fast acting carbs.

The date cheese was used as a dip, muffin topping, on thin slices apples and as a finger food, just because!

Bowls of freshly picked berries

Strawberry lemonade

Scones, muffins, cookies made with almond or coconut flour.

Guacamole with cut up veggies to dip.

Goat cheese slices (our friend enjoyed their cow cheese slices) or almond butter on apple slices.

Lots of full bellies! and some fun mommy time!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy... now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had some good company! It sounds like you treated them right...yummy goddies to eat!

    ReplyDelete